Could you help your communiy in an emergency?
On 8th May 2013, ECPEM, in partnership with Epping Forest District Council, Essex County Fire & Rescue Service and Essex County Council launched the Community Emergency Response Volunteering (CERV) initiative. CERV aims to increase resilience in communities by recruiting and training teams of volunteers within Epping Forest and Harlow to give them skills to support themselves in the event of an emergency.
Training will be delivered in by all of the partner agencies and will include:
• Working with the emergency services,
• Supporting Emergency Evacuation Centres,
• Producing emergency plans,
• Responding to severe weather including severe winter weather and flooding,
• Basic first aid, health & safety and manual handling.
Volunteers will be recruited by ECFRS and managed by the local authority emergency planning teams. They will be given support in producing their own emergency plan and will be trained to support local emergency response organisations in the event of an incident in their community.
If you living in Epping forest or Harlow and would be interested in volunteering check out www.cerv.co.uk